On-spot registration centres for Amarnath Yatra
Jammu: Three on-spot registration centres will be opened in Jammu for the convenience of pilgrims visiting the state for the annual Amarnath Yatra scheduled to commence on June 28.
"For registration as well as convenience of yatris, three on-spot registration centres are being opened at Jammu Railway Station, Jammu Haat and Vaishno Dham," an official spokesman said here today.
He, however, informed that there would be no registration centres at Pehlgam and Baltal this year.
According to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) Jammu Zone, Rajesh Kumar, the decision of not having spot registration centres at Pehlgam and Baltal has been made to avoid rush of unregistered pilgrims at Jammu and other base camps.
Kumar intimated that on-spot registration will only be available for the dates when there are some vacancies and added, daily registration data of Yatris will be made available online.
As per the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) framed on the directions of the Supreme Court of India, only 15,000 registered Amarnath Yatris would be allowed beyond Pehlgam and Baltal in a day, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda