One dead, 65 cases of dengue reported in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu: One woman has died and 65 others have been suffering from symptoms of dengue in the Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
24-year-old Pooja Devi of Samba died at a hospital at Ludhiana in Punjab on September 28 and 65 others were admitted to different hospitals of the district with symptoms of dengue, Samba District Commissioner (RC) R K Verma said.
Pooja fell ill on September 21 and was first taken to the district hospital in Samba where doctors confirmed it as a case of dengue, officials said.
After primary treatment, she was referred to the Army Hospital at Pathankote on September 25 and later shifted to a private hospital in Ludhiana where she died on September 28, they said.
So far 65 cases of dengue have been reported in the district and they were being treated at various hospitals here, the DC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why