One guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight
Srinagar: One foreign guerrilla has been killed in the ongoing gunfight between the security forces and the guerrillas in Kashmir`s Ganderbal district, police said here.
"So far, a foreign militant has been killed in the ongoing operation started by 24 Rashtriya Rifles and the state police in Chattergul forest area yesterday (Saturday)," a senior police officer told IANS.
"Security forces have also used the assistance of helicopters to trace the movements of the militants in the area," he said. Chattergul is 40 km from here.
The gunfight started Saturday morning, when based on an information, the troops surrounded the Chattergul forest area.
When the militants were challenged, they started firing at the security forces triggering an encounter.
There is no official word so far on whether the group of guerrillas had recently infiltrated into the Kashmir Valley or had been operating in the area since long.
- Baba Ramdev's 'new fan' Lalu Yadav says he is 'permanent brand ambassador' of Patanjali products
- Govt to cap Airfares during crises, natural calamities?
- WATCH: Brendon McCullum's unbelievable fielding effort vs Delhi Daredevils in Match 31 of IPL 2016
- I love Karan Patel, but don't want him in my life: Kamya Punjabi
- Get LeEco Le 1s Eco at introductory price of Rs 9,999; flash sale on May 12