One killed, four injured in Kashmir clashes
Srinagar: One person died and four
others, including two police officers, were injured when
clashes broke out between supporters and rivals of slain
Jamiat-e-Ahli Hadees chief Moulvi Showkat Ahmad Shah here.
Sixteen people have been arrested so far in
connection with the clashes, officials said.
Clashes broke out between the rival groups of
Jamiat-e-Ahli Hadees in Nowgam area in the outskirts of the
city Friday night, in which one person was critically injured,
Mohammad Ismail Bhat, who received severe head injury,
was admitted to SKIMS hospital, Soura, where he succumbed this
morning, they said.
Two other persons sustained minor injuries in the
clashes, they said.
As police rushed to the spot to bring the situation
under control, the rival parties starting pelting stones at
the security personnel, they said, adding two Assistant
Sub-Inspectors Mohammad Akbar and Mushtaq Ahmad were injured
in the stone pelting.
The Jamiat chief was killed in an IED blast on
April 8 outside a Mosque in Maisuma area of the city.
Police has arrested three persons in connection with
Shah`s murder identified as Abdul Ghani Dar alias Abdullah
Ghazali, President of `Sautul Haq` (the voice of truth), a
radical politico-religious outfit and two others -- Javed
Ahmad Munshi and Nisar Ahmad Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof