One killed, four injured in Kashmir clashes
Srinagar: One person died and four
others, including two police officers, were injured when
clashes broke out between supporters and rivals of slain
Jamiat-e-Ahli Hadees chief Moulvi Showkat Ahmad Shah here.
Sixteen people have been arrested so far in
connection with the clashes, officials said.
Clashes broke out between the rival groups of
Jamiat-e-Ahli Hadees in Nowgam area in the outskirts of the
city Friday night, in which one person was critically injured,
Mohammad Ismail Bhat, who received severe head injury,
was admitted to SKIMS hospital, Soura, where he succumbed this
morning, they said.
Two other persons sustained minor injuries in the
clashes, they said.
As police rushed to the spot to bring the situation
under control, the rival parties starting pelting stones at
the security personnel, they said, adding two Assistant
Sub-Inspectors Mohammad Akbar and Mushtaq Ahmad were injured
in the stone pelting.
The Jamiat chief was killed in an IED blast on
April 8 outside a Mosque in Maisuma area of the city.
Police has arrested three persons in connection with
Shah`s murder identified as Abdul Ghani Dar alias Abdullah
Ghazali, President of `Sautul Haq` (the voice of truth), a
radical politico-religious outfit and two others -- Javed
Ahmad Munshi and Nisar Ahmad Khan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview