One killed in Army firing in Kupwara, locals protest
Srinagar: An unidentified man was killed
in Army firing in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, leading
to protests by the locals, official sources said.
The body of the unidentified man, bearing bullet
marks, was recovered today from Rednag village in Lolab area
of Kupwara, 110 km from here, the sources said.
The local residents held protests alleging that the
man was killed in a fake encounter, they said.
Relatives of several missing youth from different
parts of the Valley have rushed to Lalpora police station to
ascertain the identity of the deceased, the sources said.
Inspector General of Police (IGP) Kashmir SM Sahai
said the deceased person was a militant killed in an encounter
with the Army.
"The reports we have is that it was an Army operation
and he was a militant," he said.
All attempts to contact the defence spokesman here
went in vain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'