One more Amarnath pilgrim dies, toll touches 98
Jammu: One more pilgrim on Monday died while returning from 3,880-mt high Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas, taking the death toll in the ongoing yatra to 98.
Mohan Lal, aged 65 years, was returning from the cave shrine after paying obeisance when he suffered a heart attack near a temple in Samba district, police said.
Lal, a resident of Madhya Pradesh, was rushed to the district hospital where he was declared brought dead by doctors.
With one more death, the toll since the commencement of annual pilgrimage on June 25 rose to 98.
Officials said the yatra was going on smoothly and so far over 5.85 lakh pilgrims have offered prayers at the shrine housing the naturally-formed ice `shivlingam`.
The yatra will conclude on August two coinciding with the Raksha Bandhan festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III