One Shopian victim was virgin, reveals autopsy
Shopian (J&K): In a new twist to the Shopian
alleged rape and murder case, forensic scientists have found
that one of the two victims was a virgin.
Forensic scientists from AIIMS, who accompanied the CBI
team, have found during autopsy of the exhumed bodies that
the hymen of 17-year-old Aasiya Jan was intact, thereby ruling
out the possibility of rape, official sources said on Tuesday.
The forensic experts have shown the intact hymen to
doctors of Mushawarat Majlis-e-Committee, an amalgam which
spearheaded the 47-day agitation against the alleged rape and
murder of the two women by security personnel, who were
present at the site, they said.
A special CBI forensic team yesterday collected samples
from the bodies of the two women after exhuming them nearly
four months after the incident.
The team, comprising senior AIIMS doctors, collected a
number of samples from the bodies in a process that started at
7 AM and continued for nine hours. They conducted the autopsy
after obtaining necessary approval of the family of the
victims -- 22-year-old Neelofar and her sister-in-law Aasiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor