One Shopian victim was virgin, reveals autopsy
Shopian (J&K): In a new twist to the Shopian
alleged rape and murder case, forensic scientists have found
that one of the two victims was a virgin.
Forensic scientists from AIIMS, who accompanied the CBI
team, have found during autopsy of the exhumed bodies that
the hymen of 17-year-old Aasiya Jan was intact, thereby ruling
out the possibility of rape, official sources said on Tuesday.
The forensic experts have shown the intact hymen to
doctors of Mushawarat Majlis-e-Committee, an amalgam which
spearheaded the 47-day agitation against the alleged rape and
murder of the two women by security personnel, who were
present at the site, they said.
A special CBI forensic team yesterday collected samples
from the bodies of the two women after exhuming them nearly
four months after the incident.
The team, comprising senior AIIMS doctors, collected a
number of samples from the bodies in a process that started at
7 AM and continued for nine hours. They conducted the autopsy
after obtaining necessary approval of the family of the
victims -- 22-year-old Neelofar and her sister-in-law Aasiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon