One soldier injured in guerrilla attack in Kashmir
Srinagar: An Army soldier was injured in Jammu and Kashmir`s Handwara town Saturday when separatist guerrillas attacked the Army`s advance group securing a road.
"Immediately after the attack, the area was cordoned off and searches have been started to trace militants," an Army officer said here.
What is officially called a road opening party (ROP) is a group of army men who clear and secure the road ahead of the movement of army convoys and VIPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP