One-way traffic on Jammu-Srinagar highway from Tuesday
Jammu: Due to slippery conditions, traffic on the Jammu-Srinagar highway will be allowed to move in one direction only every alternate day till further orders starting Tuesday, authorities said Monday.
The decision was taken in view of slippery conditions coupled with rain and snowfall and to ensure safety of passengers, said an official statement in Jammu.
"Under this system, one-way traffic from Jammu to Srinagar and vice versa will be allowed on the highway on alternate days," it said.
However, after assessing the situation, weather and road condition will be communicated through traffic control unit Jammu on a daily basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it