One-way traffic on Jammu-Srinagar highway from Tuesday
Jammu: Due to slippery conditions, traffic on the Jammu-Srinagar highway will be allowed to move in one direction only every alternate day till further orders starting Tuesday, authorities said Monday.
The decision was taken in view of slippery conditions coupled with rain and snowfall and to ensure safety of passengers, said an official statement in Jammu.
"Under this system, one-way traffic from Jammu to Srinagar and vice versa will be allowed on the highway on alternate days," it said.
However, after assessing the situation, weather and road condition will be communicated through traffic control unit Jammu on a daily basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city