One week deadline to CSC on new Administrative units: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has given a week extension to Cabinet sub-Committee (CSC) for submitting its recommendations on setting up of new administrative units in the state.
"While I rather reluctantly gave them this one week I`ve told them there will be no other cabinet agenda taken up & no further extension 2/3", Omar wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter yesterday.
Omar further said "The cabinet sub committee for new administrative units met me requesting one week more to complete their recommendation".
Expressing dis-satisfaction over the working of CSC, CM said "it`s unfortunate that this exercise has taken since June but I`m determined to complete this important public demand no matter what 3/3".
The Cabinet meeting yesterday was postponed because of serious differences over the proposed administrative units between the ruling National Conference and the Congress party.
On January 11, Omar took on the coalition partner Congress for "creating hurdles" in setting up new administrative units in Jammu and Kashmir and vowed, as the Chief Minister he will keep fighting till he fulfills his mission.
The Chief Minister`s lashing came after Congress demanded that the proposal to set up new administrative units be examined, before being set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say