One week deadline to CSC on new Administrative units: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has given a week extension to Cabinet sub-Committee (CSC) for submitting its recommendations on setting up of new administrative units in the state.
"While I rather reluctantly gave them this one week I`ve told them there will be no other cabinet agenda taken up & no further extension 2/3", Omar wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter yesterday.
Omar further said "The cabinet sub committee for new administrative units met me requesting one week more to complete their recommendation".
Expressing dis-satisfaction over the working of CSC, CM said "it`s unfortunate that this exercise has taken since June but I`m determined to complete this important public demand no matter what 3/3".
The Cabinet meeting yesterday was postponed because of serious differences over the proposed administrative units between the ruling National Conference and the Congress party.
On January 11, Omar took on the coalition partner Congress for "creating hurdles" in setting up new administrative units in Jammu and Kashmir and vowed, as the Chief Minister he will keep fighting till he fulfills his mission.
The Chief Minister`s lashing came after Congress demanded that the proposal to set up new administrative units be examined, before being set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam