One wrong move by uniformed men can put J&K back on boil: NC
Srinagar: Condemning the recent firing incident at Pulwama that left seven civilians injured, ruling National Conference on Monday said one wrong move by the men in uniform can put Jammu and Kashmir back on the boil.
NC spokesman Tanvir Sadiq, in a statement here, said the Army should learn from its past mistakes like Pathribal and Macchil fake encounters and prevent similar incidents from happening.
"An institution that has brought laurels to the county should learn from their past mistakes. Your one wrong move can bring the state back to boil ...In the garb of AFSPA, you cannot simply go on doing what you want," he said.
Strongly condemning the firing incident at Pulwama on Friday, Sadiq said such incidents are unacceptable and will only alienate people further.
"There should be an impartial probe in the Pulwama incident and we demand harshest punishment to anyone responsible," he said.
"Uniformed men should show a lot of resilience and patience, there should be a difference between a civilian and a man in the uniform," he added.
Seven persons were injured when security forces opened fired on Friday at Pulwama Chowk, 32 km from here, to make way for vehicles carrying the four persons, including two army officers, who were injured in a gun-battle with two LeT ultras in a nearby village.
He appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Defence Minister A K Antony to take strong notice of such incidents saying "we will not tolerate, nor will any civil society accept, any such excesses anymore."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued