OPD services hit as Safdarjung doctors` strike enters 2nd day
Srinagar: Both factions of Hurriyat Conference and JKLF on Thursday expressed grief over the death of Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay and demanded shifting of Kashmiri prisoners lodged in various jails across the country to the Valley.
Syed Ali Shah Geelani, who heads the hardline faction of Hurriyat asked people to hold peaceful protests and prayers in absentia for the deceased, tomorrow.
"State government is morally and in-principle responsible for the death of Sanaullah as it failed to prevent the attack on the Pakistani prisoner in the aftermath of Sarabjit Singh`s death," Geelani said, demanding dismissal of SP Kot Bhalwal jail and registration of a murder case against the officer.
He demanded shifting of jailed Kashmiris in Jammu and other parts of the country to the Valley saying, "It is imperative to prevent such incidents in the future."
Geelani also demanded return of the mortal remains of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru and JKLF founder Mohammad Maqbool Bhat who were hanged and buried in Tihar jail on February 9 this year and February 11, 1984, respectively.
Moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umer Farooq expressed grief over the death of Sanaullah and said the incident was the result of lawlessness and security lapse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!