OPD services hit as Safdarjung doctors` strike enters 2nd day
Srinagar: Both factions of Hurriyat Conference and JKLF on Thursday expressed grief over the death of Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay and demanded shifting of Kashmiri prisoners lodged in various jails across the country to the Valley.
Syed Ali Shah Geelani, who heads the hardline faction of Hurriyat asked people to hold peaceful protests and prayers in absentia for the deceased, tomorrow.
"State government is morally and in-principle responsible for the death of Sanaullah as it failed to prevent the attack on the Pakistani prisoner in the aftermath of Sarabjit Singh`s death," Geelani said, demanding dismissal of SP Kot Bhalwal jail and registration of a murder case against the officer.
He demanded shifting of jailed Kashmiris in Jammu and other parts of the country to the Valley saying, "It is imperative to prevent such incidents in the future."
Geelani also demanded return of the mortal remains of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru and JKLF founder Mohammad Maqbool Bhat who were hanged and buried in Tihar jail on February 9 this year and February 11, 1984, respectively.
Moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umer Farooq expressed grief over the death of Sanaullah and said the incident was the result of lawlessness and security lapse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof