Opposition disrupts J&K Assembly over several issues
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Assembly was caught in a pandemonium as all Opposition parties stalled proceedings on Tuesday on various issues including cases against youth in Lolab, Kashmiri students` expulsion and Jat reservation.
As the Assembly began its proceedings, Opposition PDP led by its leader Mehbooba Mufti raised the issue of FIR against youths in Lolab valley in Kashmir and expulsion of students from a Meerut College.
The party members, led by Abdul Haq Khan, marched into the Well of the House amid anti-government sloganeering.
"There were cases registered against scores of youth in Lobal and surrounding areas by the Police and detained some of them--it is shameful act by the government," Haq said.
PDP members demanded withdrawal of cases against the youth alleging they were "falsely" implicated and sought a reply on the issue of expulsion of Kashmiri students.
They grappled with the watch and ward staff amid protests in the Well of the House.
Speaker Mubarak Gul repeatedly requested the members to take their seats but they continued to disrupt the proceedings.
Opposition BJP also staged protests to demand for the reservation of Jat community members.
The Speaker adjourned the House for a brief period amid uproar and high pitched noisy scenes by BJP members.
After the Assembly reconvened, PDP members disrupted the proceedings again over the issues.
The Speaker commenced the question hour amid protests and assured the agitating members that the Minister would reply on their demands.
The PDP members also got into a heated exchange with Minister Mohd Akbar Lone and other NC members and later staged a walkout from the House.
Later, BJP and JKNPP members also staged a walkout from the House in protest against PDP members allegedly supporting Kashmiri students who raised anti-national slogans in a Meerut College.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference