Opposition stages walkout over roads under NABARD
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on Monday witnessed uproarious scenes and subsequent walkouts by the opposition which grilled the government over the grant of roads under NABARD scheme.
Peoples Democratic Front (PDF) member Hakeem Yaseen alleged discrimination with various constituencies in the state and demanded a reply from the Minister for Roads and Buildings Majid Wani about the grant of roads under the NABARD scheme in each of the Assembly segments of ruling and opposition members.
Yaseen alleged that as per the norms each constituency should have been granted a road under the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) scheme but one constituency has been granted 15 roads in violation of the norms and sought the reply from the government.
As the Minister was trying to pacify him, other members of JSM, rebel BJP and JKNPP also pressed for the demand.
Amid uproar and noisy scenes by the opposition, the Minister tried to satisfy the members by saying that he does not know about it as he had recently taken the command of the ministry and will look into the matter.
Unsatisfied over it, opposition members staged walkout from the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof