Ordinance on changes in J&K Stamp Act
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N
Vohra today promulgated an Ordinance making certain amendments
in the Stamp Act for the implementation of dematting of stamps
in the state.
"As the state legislature is not in session and it was
necessary to carry out certain amendments in the Stamp Act for
implementation of the e-Stamping System in the state, the
Governor, on the recommendations of the Chief Minister, has
exercised the powers, promulgated the Stamp (Amendment)
Ordinance," an official spokesman said.
He said "the implementation of the e-Stamping system
will enable the government to provide prompt and efficient
delivery of an essential public service, resulting in proper
valuation of properties, cut down the menace of
under-valuation of stamps and earn enhanced revenue for the
The e-stamping system is a secured and reliable stamp
duty collection mechanism, free from paper and process-related
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"