Outgoing year a peaceful one: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah said 2011 was one of the most peaceful
years in the state and thanked people for this.
"As 2011 draws to a close, my heartfelt gratitude goes
to the people of J&K for one of the most peaceful years in
decades. It was all your doing," he wrote on micro-blogging
"I think I will just bring in 2012 quietly at home.
Gulmarg was an option but don`t feel like going up on my own,"
the Chief Minister wrote terming 2011 as one of the peaceful
years in decades in the state.
Least number of cases of violence were recorded in the
state this year since the advent of militancy in 1989.
The year saw successful conduct of Panchayat polls and
the annual Amarnath pilgrimage and a many-fold rise in tourist
traffic to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured