Over 1100 patients hospitalised with diarrhoea in Doda
Jammu: At least 30 persons were hospitalised
for diarrhoea in Doda district today, taking total number of
patients affected by the disease to over 1100 with three
deaths already being reported in the district till now.
30 more patients have been admitted to district hospital
at Doda and 18 patients who were serious inn condition have
been referred to Government Medical College hospital here for
advance care, officials said.
With this, the total number of the patients affected with
diarrhoea have gone upto over 1100, they said. Three persons,
two women and a child, have died since outbreak of diarrhoea
"Doda district is experienced an epidemic like situation
since August 22," they said, adding Divisional Commissioner
Jammu Pawan Kotwal and Director Health Services Jammu Jasbir
Singh visited Doda yesterday and reviewed the situation.
Army is assisting civil administration and have pressed
into services four medical teams in Doda, Suigarh and Dharmund
along with medicines, a defence spokesman said adding army
doctors and paramedics are working overtime.
Rashtriya Rifles is also providing medicines in Ramban
and Kishtwar districts, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet