Over 1.50 lakh devotees visit Vaishno Devi shrine in J&K
Jammu: During the first four days of Navratra festival, over 1.50 lakh devotees have visited the cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi in Trikuta hills of Reasi district.
"During the first four Navratra`s as many as 1,52,725 pilgrims from within and outside the state have visited at holy cave shrine of Vaishno Devi," a Shri Mata Vaihsnodevi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) official said.
With this the number of pilgrims` visit at the cave shrine has touched to 19,64,424 since January 1 this year so far, he said.
During the first two weeks of this month as many as 4,87,297 pilgrims paid obeisance to the holy cave shrine.
The Bhawan of Vaishno Devi is decorated with different variety of flowers and pundits are performing `havan` and Durga pooja daily at Bhawan.
Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board have made adequate arrangements for the pilgrims enroute shrine as well as in the base camp at Katra.
Elaborate security arrangements have also been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy