Over 1.50 lakh devotees visit Vaishno Devi shrine in J&K
Jammu: During the first four days of Navratra festival, over 1.50 lakh devotees have visited the cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi in Trikuta hills of Reasi district.
"During the first four Navratra`s as many as 1,52,725 pilgrims from within and outside the state have visited at holy cave shrine of Vaishno Devi," a Shri Mata Vaihsnodevi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) official said.
With this the number of pilgrims` visit at the cave shrine has touched to 19,64,424 since January 1 this year so far, he said.
During the first two weeks of this month as many as 4,87,297 pilgrims paid obeisance to the holy cave shrine.
The Bhawan of Vaishno Devi is decorated with different variety of flowers and pundits are performing `havan` and Durga pooja daily at Bhawan.
Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board have made adequate arrangements for the pilgrims enroute shrine as well as in the base camp at Katra.
Elaborate security arrangements have also been made.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed