Over 1.50 lakh devotees visit Vaishno Devi shrine in J&K
Jammu: During the first four days of Navratra festival, over 1.50 lakh devotees have visited the cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi in Trikuta hills of Reasi district.
"During the first four Navratra`s as many as 1,52,725 pilgrims from within and outside the state have visited at holy cave shrine of Vaishno Devi," a Shri Mata Vaihsnodevi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) official said.
With this the number of pilgrims` visit at the cave shrine has touched to 19,64,424 since January 1 this year so far, he said.
During the first two weeks of this month as many as 4,87,297 pilgrims paid obeisance to the holy cave shrine.
The Bhawan of Vaishno Devi is decorated with different variety of flowers and pundits are performing `havan` and Durga pooja daily at Bhawan.
Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board have made adequate arrangements for the pilgrims enroute shrine as well as in the base camp at Katra.
Elaborate security arrangements have also been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden