Over 15,000 devotees visit Pingla Mata Shrine
Udhampur: Over 15,000 pilgrims participated in the annual one-day pilgrimage to the Pingla Mata flagged off from Pandav Mandir with traditional fervour and gaiety.
The Yatra was organised by Adi Shakti Sewak Sanstha, Udhampur.
A large number of pilgrims from different areas of the state paid obeisance at the sacred shrine of Pingla Mata, situated on a hill top at Pinger village in tehsil Ramnagar of Udhampur district.
The Adi Shakti Sewak Sanstha, Udhampur took the sacred Akhand Joyti from Pandav Mandir, which was lit on July 14, 2013, to the cave shrine.
The Akhand Jyoti was attended by over 15,000 devotees. Free bus service was also arranged for the devotees from Udhampur to the cave shrine. Besides, free community kitchen was organised at the shrine, Ashok Gupta, president of the Sanstha said.
The annual Pingla Mata pilgrimage was flagged off along with Charri Mubarak from Pandav Mandir today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch