Over 15,000 devotees visit Pingla Mata Shrine
Udhampur: Over 15,000 pilgrims participated in the annual one-day pilgrimage to the Pingla Mata flagged off from Pandav Mandir with traditional fervour and gaiety.
The Yatra was organised by Adi Shakti Sewak Sanstha, Udhampur.
A large number of pilgrims from different areas of the state paid obeisance at the sacred shrine of Pingla Mata, situated on a hill top at Pinger village in tehsil Ramnagar of Udhampur district.
The Adi Shakti Sewak Sanstha, Udhampur took the sacred Akhand Joyti from Pandav Mandir, which was lit on July 14, 2013, to the cave shrine.
The Akhand Jyoti was attended by over 15,000 devotees. Free bus service was also arranged for the devotees from Udhampur to the cave shrine. Besides, free community kitchen was organised at the shrine, Ashok Gupta, president of the Sanstha said.
The annual Pingla Mata pilgrimage was flagged off along with Charri Mubarak from Pandav Mandir today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened