Over 15000 tax defaulters in J&K
Srinagar: Over 15,000 people in Jammu and Kashmir have not paid commercial taxes and excise duties, the government said.
Of the 15,625 defaulters who failed to pay commercial taxes, 10,918 were in Kashmir division and 4,697 in Jammu division, state Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said in the Legislative Council while replying to a question by MLC
Ajat Shatru Singh.
The number of people who defaulted to pay excise duty in Kashmir and Jammu divisions are 149 and 120, respectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India