Over 15000 tax defaulters in J&K
Srinagar: Over 15,000 people in Jammu and Kashmir have not paid commercial taxes and excise duties, the government said.
Of the 15,625 defaulters who failed to pay commercial taxes, 10,918 were in Kashmir division and 4,697 in Jammu division, state Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said in the Legislative Council while replying to a question by MLC
Ajat Shatru Singh.
The number of people who defaulted to pay excise duty in Kashmir and Jammu divisions are 149 and 120, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!