Over 17 lakh trees to be planted in J&K this year: Minister
Jammu: Over seventeen lakh saplings will
be planted in different parts of Jammu and Kashmir this year,
Minister for Forest, Environment and Ecology Mian Altaf Ahmed
Of these, 3.30 lakh saplings will be planted in
different parts of Jammu division, Ahmed said.
Asking forest department officials to lay more
emphasis on plantation of traditional trees, he directed them
to work in coordination at all levels to yield optimum
Lauding efforts of the Social Forestry department in
preserving the green belt in the state, he said it has a
significant role to play in tackling environmental problems.
Ahmed said the government is taking various steps
for improvement of environment and ecology of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'