Over 17 lakh trees to be planted in J&K this year: Minister
Jammu: Over seventeen lakh saplings will
be planted in different parts of Jammu and Kashmir this year,
Minister for Forest, Environment and Ecology Mian Altaf Ahmed
Of these, 3.30 lakh saplings will be planted in
different parts of Jammu division, Ahmed said.
Asking forest department officials to lay more
emphasis on plantation of traditional trees, he directed them
to work in coordination at all levels to yield optimum
Lauding efforts of the Social Forestry department in
preserving the green belt in the state, he said it has a
significant role to play in tackling environmental problems.
Ahmed said the government is taking various steps
for improvement of environment and ecology of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands