Over 17 lakh trees to be planted in J&K this year: Minister
Jammu: Over seventeen lakh saplings will
be planted in different parts of Jammu and Kashmir this year,
Minister for Forest, Environment and Ecology Mian Altaf Ahmed
Of these, 3.30 lakh saplings will be planted in
different parts of Jammu division, Ahmed said.
Asking forest department officials to lay more
emphasis on plantation of traditional trees, he directed them
to work in coordination at all levels to yield optimum
Lauding efforts of the Social Forestry department in
preserving the green belt in the state, he said it has a
significant role to play in tackling environmental problems.
Ahmed said the government is taking various steps
for improvement of environment and ecology of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley