Over 17 lakh trees to be planted in J&K this year: Minister
Jammu: Over seventeen lakh saplings will
be planted in different parts of Jammu and Kashmir this year,
Minister for Forest, Environment and Ecology Mian Altaf Ahmed
Of these, 3.30 lakh saplings will be planted in
different parts of Jammu division, Ahmed said.
Asking forest department officials to lay more
emphasis on plantation of traditional trees, he directed them
to work in coordination at all levels to yield optimum
Lauding efforts of the Social Forestry department in
preserving the green belt in the state, he said it has a
significant role to play in tackling environmental problems.
Ahmed said the government is taking various steps
for improvement of environment and ecology of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed