Over 17 lakh trees to be planted in J&K this year: Minister
Jammu: Over seventeen lakh saplings will
be planted in different parts of Jammu and Kashmir this year,
Minister for Forest, Environment and Ecology Mian Altaf Ahmed
Of these, 3.30 lakh saplings will be planted in
different parts of Jammu division, Ahmed said.
Asking forest department officials to lay more
emphasis on plantation of traditional trees, he directed them
to work in coordination at all levels to yield optimum
Lauding efforts of the Social Forestry department in
preserving the green belt in the state, he said it has a
significant role to play in tackling environmental problems.
Ahmed said the government is taking various steps
for improvement of environment and ecology of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon