Over 2,000 people affected by diarrhoea in Doda, Ramban
Jammu: With over 2,000 people affected by
diarrhoea epidemic in mountainous districts of Doda and
Ramban, Jammu and Kashmir government have geared up with army
help to tackle the situation as over 1700 people have so far
been admitted in the hospitals.
As many as 2047 diarrhoea patients have been identified
in several remote and mountainous areas of Doda and Ramban
districts by the teams of doctors till now, state health
department officials said here today.
Of these, 1347 patients were identified in Doda and 700
in Ramban district, they said adding 1747 have been admitted
in Doda and Banihal hospitals and rest were treated in their
hamlets by the teams of doctors from the army and state health
So far, three people have died due to the disease in past
nine days in Doda, they said, adding 16 people have been
shifted to the hospital in Jammu for specialised treatment.
The Health officials attribute the epidemic to spring and
nullah waters contaminated due to flash floods in Doda and
People have been advised not to use such water for
drinking purpose and over two lakh chlorine tablets have been
distributed among the population in twin districts.
A high level team of Union Health Ministry is schedule to
visit the districts to review and to suggest measures to deal
with the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29