Over 300 rape cases registered in Jammu & Kashmir in 2012
Jammu: Over 300 rape cases were registered in Jammu and Kashmir last year, the government informed the Legislative Council on Thursday.
In a written reply, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said a total of 301 cases of rape, including two of gang rape, were registered in the state last year.
As many as 39 cases were registered in Jammu followed by 32 in Rajouri, he said.
Udhampur stood at number three with 30 cases of rape while Srinagar registered 19 cases in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre