Over 300 rape cases registered in Jammu & Kashmir in 2012
Jammu: Over 300 rape cases were registered in Jammu and Kashmir last year, the government informed the Legislative Council on Thursday.
In a written reply, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said a total of 301 cases of rape, including two of gang rape, were registered in the state last year.
As many as 39 cases were registered in Jammu followed by 32 in Rajouri, he said.
Udhampur stood at number three with 30 cases of rape while Srinagar registered 19 cases in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'