Over 300 rape cases registered in Jammu & Kashmir in 2012
Jammu: Over 300 rape cases were registered in Jammu and Kashmir last year, the government informed the Legislative Council on Thursday.
In a written reply, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said a total of 301 cases of rape, including two of gang rape, were registered in the state last year.
As many as 39 cases were registered in Jammu followed by 32 in Rajouri, he said.
Udhampur stood at number three with 30 cases of rape while Srinagar registered 19 cases in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem