Over 300 rape cases registered in Jammu & Kashmir in 2012
Jammu: Over 300 rape cases were registered in Jammu and Kashmir last year, the government informed the Legislative Council on Thursday.
In a written reply, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said a total of 301 cases of rape, including two of gang rape, were registered in the state last year.
As many as 39 cases were registered in Jammu followed by 32 in Rajouri, he said.
Udhampur stood at number three with 30 cases of rape while Srinagar registered 19 cases in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP