Over 300 rape cases registered in Jammu & Kashmir in 2012
Jammu: Over 300 rape cases were registered in Jammu and Kashmir last year, the government informed the Legislative Council on Thursday.
In a written reply, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said a total of 301 cases of rape, including two of gang rape, were registered in the state last year.
As many as 39 cases were registered in Jammu followed by 32 in Rajouri, he said.
Udhampur stood at number three with 30 cases of rape while Srinagar registered 19 cases in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you