Over 4 lakh pilgrims pay obeisance at Amarnath
Jammu: Over 4.20 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, while a new batch of 1,527 people today left from here for the 3,888
metre high Lord Shiva cave shrine.
Over 4.20 lakh pilgrims have had darshan of the Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, police officials said today.
The yatra is going on smoothly. There has been no untoward incident reported from anywhere, they said.
A total of 1,527 Amarnath pilgrims, including 735 men, 328 women, 446 sadhus and 18 children proceeded towards respective yatra base camps at Namwan (in Pahalgam) and Baltal in the Valley under tight security cover around 1110 hours from Bagwati Nagar camp here, PCR officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kumar Sangakkara backs Muttiah Muralitharan, slams Sri Lanka Cricket for lashing out at off-spinner
- Michelle brings Democrats to tears in moving convention speech
- Cadaver donation takes place for third day in a row in Mumbai
- China says Oli's fall will not change ties with Nepal
- This embryonic gene may help fight ageing