Over 4 lakh pilgrims pay obeisance at Amarnath
Jammu: Over 4.20 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, while a new batch of 1,527 people today left from here for the 3,888
metre high Lord Shiva cave shrine.
Over 4.20 lakh pilgrims have had darshan of the Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, police officials said today.
The yatra is going on smoothly. There has been no untoward incident reported from anywhere, they said.
A total of 1,527 Amarnath pilgrims, including 735 men, 328 women, 446 sadhus and 18 children proceeded towards respective yatra base camps at Namwan (in Pahalgam) and Baltal in the Valley under tight security cover around 1110 hours from Bagwati Nagar camp here, PCR officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- Performance issues led to my ouster as Flipkart CEO, says Sachin Bansal
- 'Delhi earthquake today' trending on social media
- Audi to have petrol variants across portfolio by next year