Over 4 lakh pilgrims pay obeisance at Amarnath
Jammu: Over 4.20 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, while a new batch of 1,527 people today left from here for the 3,888
metre high Lord Shiva cave shrine.
Over 4.20 lakh pilgrims have had darshan of the Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, police officials said today.
The yatra is going on smoothly. There has been no untoward incident reported from anywhere, they said.
A total of 1,527 Amarnath pilgrims, including 735 men, 328 women, 446 sadhus and 18 children proceeded towards respective yatra base camps at Namwan (in Pahalgam) and Baltal in the Valley under tight security cover around 1110 hours from Bagwati Nagar camp here, PCR officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'