Over 4 lakh pilgrims pay obeisance at Amarnath
Jammu: Over 4.20 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, while a new batch of 1,527 people today left from here for the 3,888
metre high Lord Shiva cave shrine.
Over 4.20 lakh pilgrims have had darshan of the Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, police officials said today.
The yatra is going on smoothly. There has been no untoward incident reported from anywhere, they said.
A total of 1,527 Amarnath pilgrims, including 735 men, 328 women, 446 sadhus and 18 children proceeded towards respective yatra base camps at Namwan (in Pahalgam) and Baltal in the Valley under tight security cover around 1110 hours from Bagwati Nagar camp here, PCR officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic