Over 4 lakh pilgrims pay obeisance at Amarnath
Jammu: Over 4.20 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, while a new batch of 1,527 people today left from here for the 3,888
metre high Lord Shiva cave shrine.
Over 4.20 lakh pilgrims have had darshan of the Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, police officials said today.
The yatra is going on smoothly. There has been no untoward incident reported from anywhere, they said.
A total of 1,527 Amarnath pilgrims, including 735 men, 328 women, 446 sadhus and 18 children proceeded towards respective yatra base camps at Namwan (in Pahalgam) and Baltal in the Valley under tight security cover around 1110 hours from Bagwati Nagar camp here, PCR officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees