Over 4,000 killed in road accidents in last 4 years in J&K
Jammu: Over 4,000 people lost their lives in as many as 25,495 road accidents in different parts of Jammu and Kashmir in the past four years, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah told the state Assembly on Friday.
In a written reply to a question by CPI(M) member M Y Tarigami, Abdullah said around 36,960 people sustained injuries in these accidents.
The maximum number of 2401 mishaps were reported from erstwhile Doda district in which 823 persons lost their lives, he said, adding that cases into these matters are being investigated at different police stations, he said.
On compensation to affected families, Omar said as per the details provided by the transport department, a total of Rs 107.60 lakh has been disbursed among the families, of which Rs 64.25 lakh have been given to families in erstwhile Doda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31