Over 4,000 militants surrendered in J&K since 1990: Omar
Jammu: In the past two decades 4,081 militants have surrendered in Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah told the state Assembly on Tuesday.
"Since 1990 upto February 28, 2013, 4081 terrorists have surrendered in the state of Jammu and Kashmir", the CM said in a written reply to the question of PDP member Nizam-ud-din Bhat in the Assembly.
As many as 210 terrorists have been provided monetary incentives admissible under surrender policy in the form of cash and stipend, he added.
Out of these, 200 have been accorded benefit under the new surrender policy of 2004, Omar said, while the remaining ten surrendered militants have been benefited under surrender policy of 1997.
Moreover, 27 surrendered militants have been brought under security cover in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi