Over 45,000 professionals unemployed in J&K
Srinagar: Over 45,000 professionals,
including 2,772 doctors and 5,999 engineers, are unemployed in
Jammu and Kashmir, the state government said on Tuesday.
"A total of 44,262 professionals, including 2,772
doctors, 5,999 engineers and 19,172 technocrats are
unemployed," Labour and employment minister Abdul Gani Malik
said in a written reply in the Legislative Assembly here.
He said there are 1,522 doctors, 3,125 engineers, 10,621
technocrats and 10,598 skilled youth who were unemployed in 12
districts of Kashmir division.
In the ten districts of Jammu region, the number of
unemployed doctors stand at 1250, engineers (2874),
technocrats (8551) and other skilled (6723), Malik said.
A total of 33,694 vacancies, both gazetted and non-
gazetted, are lying vacant in various state departments since
2007, he said, adding these posts have been referred to PSC
and Service Selection and Recruitment Board.
The state government has also launched Sher-i-Kashmir
Employment Welfare Programme for Youth (SKEWPY) last year to
provide job opportunities to educated unemployed youth in
addition to various existing schemes, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP