Over 5 kg of cannabis recovered, 4 arrested in Jammu
Jammu: Four persons have been arrested
and over five kg of cannabis was recovered from their
possession in two separate incidents, officials said on Thursday.
On a tip off, police intercepted a truck at Narwal on
the outskirts of the city and recovered five kg of cannabis
from it during the search last evening, they said, adding two
persons were arrested in this connection.
The accused have been identified as Nirmal Singh of
Anantnag district in Kashmir and Varinder Gupta of Muthi area
in Jammu district.
In a separate incident, police arrested two godmen
along with 300 grams of cannabis from Indira Chowk area of the
city yesterday, they said.
The two have been identified as Ramdass of Jodhpur and
Raju Giri of Kanpur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!