Over 5 kg of cannabis recovered, 4 arrested in Jammu
Jammu: Four persons have been arrested
and over five kg of cannabis was recovered from their
possession in two separate incidents, officials said on Thursday.
On a tip off, police intercepted a truck at Narwal on
the outskirts of the city and recovered five kg of cannabis
from it during the search last evening, they said, adding two
persons were arrested in this connection.
The accused have been identified as Nirmal Singh of
Anantnag district in Kashmir and Varinder Gupta of Muthi area
in Jammu district.
In a separate incident, police arrested two godmen
along with 300 grams of cannabis from Indira Chowk area of the
city yesterday, they said.
The two have been identified as Ramdass of Jodhpur and
Raju Giri of Kanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'