Over 6 lakh unemployed persons registered in J&K
Jammu: District employment and counselling
centres in Jammu and Kashmir have registered 6.03 lakh
unemployed persons upto the end of 2011, a state minister
said on Friday.
"District employment and counselling centres registered
6.03 lakhs unemployed persons upto end of 2011 in the state,"
Minister for Higher Education, Abdul Gani Malik said.
Of these 3,133 were illiterate, and rest educated
unemployed youths, the minister said.
Malik said the Employment Facilitating Agency has been
effectively steering implementation of Sher-e-Kashmir
Employment and Welfare Programme (SKEWPY) to provide job
opportunities to the youth.
Referring to Voluntary Service Allowance (VSA) coverage,
the minister said that 34,474 educated unemployed youth have been covered as against 24,724 of last year and an amount of Rs 9.39 crore has been disbursed among the beneficiaries.
He said the expenditure is expected to cross Rs 25 crore
by the end of this financial year as the coverage rising
steeply in next.
He said 2,704 units were set up during last fiscal,
providing employment to 5,950 persons and 3,201 units have
been set up during current fiscal providing employment to
6,960 persons as on ending February 2012.
The minister said that during the last two years, 39,000
appointments have been made through PSC, State Services
Recruitment Board and Police Recruitment Board.
Employment Department is coordinating with Government of
India in implementing "UDDAN" project envisaged by the Expert Group On Employment wherein educated youth shall be placed and employed in the corporate sector commensurate to their skill level, he said.
Under the Seed Capital Fund Scheme implemented through
the Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI) about 1,104
units have been cleared by the Steering committee involving
loans of Rs 66.75 crores and seed capital of Rs 36.88 cores,
the Minister said.
So far 8 proposals envisaging training and employment
of about 12,000 unemployed youth have been approved by GOI.
The target is to train 40,000 educated unemployed in five
years, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says