Over 61,000 passports issued by Srinagar RPO
Srinagar: The Regional Passport Office (RPO) here has issued over 61,000 passports to applicants from Kashmir Valley during 2012, almost double compared to last year, an official spokesman said.
"Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) under the jurisdiction of Regional Passport Office Srinagar, has issued around 61,400 passports during 2012," he said.
He said the PSK issues 270 passports per day on an average, marking an increase of 48 per cent in issuance rate of passports from 2011.
"The office also catered to the heavy rush of Haj applicants particularly during April last year when the applicants were issued Haj passports against affidavit only," he said.
In addition to passport related services, the office facilitated hassle-free travel across Line of Control at Kaman Post and Teetwal, the spokesman said, adding passengers were allowed to cross even on non-travel days in case of exigencies with active support from all agencies concerned.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'