Over 61,000 passports issued by Srinagar RPO
Srinagar: The Regional Passport Office (RPO) here has issued over 61,000 passports to applicants from Kashmir Valley during 2012, almost double compared to last year, an official spokesman said.
"Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) under the jurisdiction of Regional Passport Office Srinagar, has issued around 61,400 passports during 2012," he said.
He said the PSK issues 270 passports per day on an average, marking an increase of 48 per cent in issuance rate of passports from 2011.
"The office also catered to the heavy rush of Haj applicants particularly during April last year when the applicants were issued Haj passports against affidavit only," he said.
In addition to passport related services, the office facilitated hassle-free travel across Line of Control at Kaman Post and Teetwal, the spokesman said, adding passengers were allowed to cross even on non-travel days in case of exigencies with active support from all agencies concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'