Over 61,000 passports issued by Srinagar RPO
Srinagar: The Regional Passport Office (RPO) here has issued over 61,000 passports to applicants from Kashmir Valley during 2012, almost double compared to last year, an official spokesman said.
"Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) under the jurisdiction of Regional Passport Office Srinagar, has issued around 61,400 passports during 2012," he said.
He said the PSK issues 270 passports per day on an average, marking an increase of 48 per cent in issuance rate of passports from 2011.
"The office also catered to the heavy rush of Haj applicants particularly during April last year when the applicants were issued Haj passports against affidavit only," he said.
In addition to passport related services, the office facilitated hassle-free travel across Line of Control at Kaman Post and Teetwal, the spokesman said, adding passengers were allowed to cross even on non-travel days in case of exigencies with active support from all agencies concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan