Over 7,000 pilgrims register for Amarnath yatra
Jammu: About 7,000 pilgrims have so far registered themselves for the yatra to the 3,888-metre high Amarnath cave shrine in Jammu and Kashmir.
Nearly 7,000 people have been so far registered for the pilgrimage after registration began yesterday across the country at 121 branches of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank, a nodal agency for registration of pilgrims, according to bank officials.
They said 3,510 pilgrims have registered for the yatra through Baltal route, while 3,297 through Pahalgam route.
The annual yatra will begin from July 1 and conclude on August 24, on the occasion of `Sharvan Purnima`. Last date for the registration is August 20.
About 3,73,419 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine in 2009 and 4,98,075 people in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef