Over 7,000 pilgrims register for Amarnath yatra
Jammu: About 7,000 pilgrims have so far registered themselves for the yatra to the 3,888-metre high Amarnath cave shrine in Jammu and Kashmir.
Nearly 7,000 people have been so far registered for the pilgrimage after registration began yesterday across the country at 121 branches of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank, a nodal agency for registration of pilgrims, according to bank officials.
They said 3,510 pilgrims have registered for the yatra through Baltal route, while 3,297 through Pahalgam route.
The annual yatra will begin from July 1 and conclude on August 24, on the occasion of `Sharvan Purnima`. Last date for the registration is August 20.
About 3,73,419 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine in 2009 and 4,98,075 people in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`