Over 7,000 pilgrims register for Amarnath yatra
Jammu: About 7,000 pilgrims have so far registered themselves for the yatra to the 3,888-metre high Amarnath cave shrine in Jammu and Kashmir.
Nearly 7,000 people have been so far registered for the pilgrimage after registration began yesterday across the country at 121 branches of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank, a nodal agency for registration of pilgrims, according to bank officials.
They said 3,510 pilgrims have registered for the yatra through Baltal route, while 3,297 through Pahalgam route.
The annual yatra will begin from July 1 and conclude on August 24, on the occasion of `Sharvan Purnima`. Last date for the registration is August 20.
About 3,73,419 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine in 2009 and 4,98,075 people in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city