Over Rs 4 cr seized from ultras in 14 years in J&K
Jammu: Security forces have seized over Rs 4 crore from militants in Jammu and Kashmir during the last 14 years, a government report says.
As per the report on militancy compiled by the J&K Home Ministry, Rs 4.14 crore have been recovered from militants during the last 14 years in Jammu and Kashmir.
Similarly, Pakistani rupees 4.27 lakh and 7,951 Afghanis were also seized from militants during the same period, it says.
Currencies from various countries worth Rs 2.50 lakh were also recovered during the same period.
While the largest cash seizure of Rs 1.27 crore was made by security personnel in 2003, the largest seizure of Pakistan currency was made in 2004 (Pakistani rupees 1.25).
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on