Over Rs 4 cr seized from ultras in 14 years in J&K
Jammu: Security forces have seized over Rs 4 crore from militants in Jammu and Kashmir during the last 14 years, a government report says.
As per the report on militancy compiled by the J&K Home Ministry, Rs 4.14 crore have been recovered from militants during the last 14 years in Jammu and Kashmir.
Similarly, Pakistani rupees 4.27 lakh and 7,951 Afghanis were also seized from militants during the same period, it says.
Currencies from various countries worth Rs 2.50 lakh were also recovered during the same period.
While the largest cash seizure of Rs 1.27 crore was made by security personnel in 2003, the largest seizure of Pakistan currency was made in 2004 (Pakistani rupees 1.25).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa