Over Rs 4 cr seized from ultras in 14 years in J&K
Jammu: Security forces have seized over Rs 4 crore from militants in Jammu and Kashmir during the last 14 years, a government report says.
As per the report on militancy compiled by the J&K Home Ministry, Rs 4.14 crore have been recovered from militants during the last 14 years in Jammu and Kashmir.
Similarly, Pakistani rupees 4.27 lakh and 7,951 Afghanis were also seized from militants during the same period, it says.
Currencies from various countries worth Rs 2.50 lakh were also recovered during the same period.
While the largest cash seizure of Rs 1.27 crore was made by security personnel in 2003, the largest seizure of Pakistan currency was made in 2004 (Pakistani rupees 1.25).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016