‘Pak not allowing passenger flights from Srinagar’
Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday said it was strange that Pakistan was allowing passenger flights over its air space from all Indian states except Jammu and Kashmir but expressed hope that improvement in relations between the two countries would remove this bottleneck.
"This is strange that our neighbour is allowing flights from any state of India over its air space except Jammu and Kashmir.
"We hope better relations between the two countries will help remove this bottleneck so that the people in J and K get benefited equally," Omar said during an interaction with civil society here.
He expressed hope that friendship ties between India and Pakistan would be further strengthened.
However, denial by Pakistan to allow flights from Srinagar over its air space to other countries had put big a question mark in this regard, Omar said.
The Chief Minister said during his recent meetings with the Prime Minister and the Home Minister, he underlined the need of reducing security checks at Srinagar airport which were imposed at the time when militancy was in peak.
“Situation is now reverse demanding a re-look at the aspect to make travel of the people of the state and visitors hassle-free," he said.
Omar said cumbersome searches and burdensome security frisks needed to be eased in the changed circumstances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister