Pak targets five Indian posts in Poonch, violates ceasefire
Jammu: Violating the ceasefire yet again, Pakistan troops targeted five Indian posts with rockets and heavy machine gun fire along the LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Pakistani troops fired Rocket Projectile grenades and opened indiscriminate small and heavy weaponry firing on Indian posts in Krishangati forward areas along LoC late Monday night", PRO, Defence (Jammu) S N Acharya said Tuesday.
The Pakistani troops fired 1800 rounds from light and heavy machine guns besides other weapons from 2215 hours late last night, he said, adding the firing continued till 2315 hours.
Pakistani troops from their posts of Daku, Roza, Khair and Battal fired on five Indian Posts of Dogra, Chajamun, Gorda, Kripan and Kranti.
Troops guarding the borderline fired back, he said, adding there was no casualty or injury to anyone in the firing exchange.
Pakistan has violated the ceasefire 18 times in the past nearly one-and--a-half month.
On September 10, Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire by firing RPGs and opening indiscriminate small arms firing on Indian posts in Nangi-Tikri foward areas along LoC in Poonch sector.
On August 21, Pakistan troops targeted three Indian posts of Narayanpur, Pindi and Stop-2 posts along International Border in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
On 19 and 20 August, Pakistani Rangers had fired on Indian posts of Mala Bela, Garkhal, Sidra camp and Naka Number-10 along IB in Akhnoor sector of Jammu sector, in which one Pakistani intruder was killed.
On 19 August, Pakistan troops had violated the ceasefire by firing on forward posts in Krishnagati belt along LoC.
There were 39 ceasefire violations by Pakistan this year.
Pakistan had violated the ceasefire 51 times last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him