Pak targets Indian posts, no casualties
Jammu: In yet another truce violation, Pakistani troops fired at Indian forward posts in Jammu and Kashmir`s Sambha sector prompting BSF jawans to retaliate effectively.
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone on the Indian side in the brief exchange of fire between the two sides yesterday, a senior BSF officer said here on Sunday.
Pakistani Rangers violated the ceasefire targeting Indian forward posts with small arms firing in Samba sector, he said.
"There was a brief small arms firing on Kharwa forward posts by the Pak Rangers along the International Border in Samba sector yesterday," the BSF officer said.
BSF troops guarding the border fired back effectively, he said adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone.
This is the third incident of firing and ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Samba sector in less than a week.
Pakistan border guards fired on Chachwal forward belt in Samba sector on October one and four in which a civilian couple were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof