Pak targets Indian posts, no casualties
Jammu: In yet another truce violation, Pakistani troops fired at Indian forward posts in Jammu and Kashmir`s Sambha sector prompting BSF jawans to retaliate effectively.
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone on the Indian side in the brief exchange of fire between the two sides yesterday, a senior BSF officer said here on Sunday.
Pakistani Rangers violated the ceasefire targeting Indian forward posts with small arms firing in Samba sector, he said.
"There was a brief small arms firing on Kharwa forward posts by the Pak Rangers along the International Border in Samba sector yesterday," the BSF officer said.
BSF troops guarding the border fired back effectively, he said adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone.
This is the third incident of firing and ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Samba sector in less than a week.
Pakistan border guards fired on Chachwal forward belt in Samba sector on October one and four in which a civilian couple were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP