Pak to benefit most if India gets MFN status: Omar
Jammu: Batting strongly for the grant of
Most Favoured Nation status to India by Pakistan, Jammu and
Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said Islamabad
would benefit most if India gets the MFN status.
"I don`t know whether Pakistan has given the Most
Favoured Nation status to India or not," Omar told reporters
"I know for years, we have been working to get such a
status. I was in the Commerce ministry as MoS at that time
when talks were going on on the matter," he said.
The Chief Minister was replying to a question related to
confusing signals from Islamabad over the grant of MFN status
"If India gets MFN status, the most benefits will go to
Pakistan in comparison to New Delhi. We are much bigger than
them (Pak). We will be importing more than we will be
exporting," the Chief Minister said.
"I do not see why Pakistan should have any objection in
granting MFN status to India," he said.
Earlier, the Chief Minister inaugurated first Bharti
Walmart "Best Price" store in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand