Pak to benefit most if India gets MFN status: Omar
Jammu: Batting strongly for the grant of
Most Favoured Nation status to India by Pakistan, Jammu and
Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said Islamabad
would benefit most if India gets the MFN status.
"I don`t know whether Pakistan has given the Most
Favoured Nation status to India or not," Omar told reporters
"I know for years, we have been working to get such a
status. I was in the Commerce ministry as MoS at that time
when talks were going on on the matter," he said.
The Chief Minister was replying to a question related to
confusing signals from Islamabad over the grant of MFN status
"If India gets MFN status, the most benefits will go to
Pakistan in comparison to New Delhi. We are much bigger than
them (Pak). We will be importing more than we will be
exporting," the Chief Minister said.
"I do not see why Pakistan should have any objection in
granting MFN status to India," he said.
Earlier, the Chief Minister inaugurated first Bharti
Walmart "Best Price" store in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind