Pak to benefit most if India gets MFN status: Omar
Jammu: Batting strongly for the grant of
Most Favoured Nation status to India by Pakistan, Jammu and
Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said Islamabad
would benefit most if India gets the MFN status.
"I don`t know whether Pakistan has given the Most
Favoured Nation status to India or not," Omar told reporters
"I know for years, we have been working to get such a
status. I was in the Commerce ministry as MoS at that time
when talks were going on on the matter," he said.
The Chief Minister was replying to a question related to
confusing signals from Islamabad over the grant of MFN status
"If India gets MFN status, the most benefits will go to
Pakistan in comparison to New Delhi. We are much bigger than
them (Pak). We will be importing more than we will be
exporting," the Chief Minister said.
"I do not see why Pakistan should have any objection in
granting MFN status to India," he said.
Earlier, the Chief Minister inaugurated first Bharti
Walmart "Best Price" store in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony