Pak to benefit most if India gets MFN status: Omar
Jammu: Batting strongly for the grant of
Most Favoured Nation status to India by Pakistan, Jammu and
Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said Islamabad
would benefit most if India gets the MFN status.
"I don`t know whether Pakistan has given the Most
Favoured Nation status to India or not," Omar told reporters
"I know for years, we have been working to get such a
status. I was in the Commerce ministry as MoS at that time
when talks were going on on the matter," he said.
The Chief Minister was replying to a question related to
confusing signals from Islamabad over the grant of MFN status
"If India gets MFN status, the most benefits will go to
Pakistan in comparison to New Delhi. We are much bigger than
them (Pak). We will be importing more than we will be
exporting," the Chief Minister said.
"I do not see why Pakistan should have any objection in
granting MFN status to India," he said.
Earlier, the Chief Minister inaugurated first Bharti
Walmart "Best Price" store in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack