Pak-trained Hizbul militant arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen militant was arrested by security forces from Pattan area of Baramulla district in north Kashmir on Sunday, officials said here.
Police, Army and CRPF in a joint operation apprehended the Pakistan-trained Hizbul militant, Mohammad Iqbal Lone alias Aqib, from Wanigam Payeen village in Pattan, 30 kms from here, the officials said.
They said one pistol, one magazine, six rounds and two hand-grenades were recovered from his possession.
Police has registered a case under Arms Act and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act against the arrested militant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’