Pak troops fire at Indian posts in Poonch
Jammu: Pakistan troops targeted Indian posts by resorting to small arms firing along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday in the fifth incident of ceasefire violation over the last nine days.
Pakistani troops opened small arms firing on Indian forward posts along the LoC in Krishnagati belt of Poonch sector around 1000 hours this morning, Public Relation Officer (PRO), Ministry of Defence (MoD), Col R K Palta told PTI here.
He said that the firing lasted for 15 minutes and the Indian side exercised restraint. However, no one was injured or no damage has been caused in the firing.
This is the fifth ceasefire violation and firing incident by Pakistani troops in past nine days in the Poonch sector. Two jawans, including one of BSF, were killed and four others injured in the firing by Pakistan troops in four ceasefire violations since June 11 to June 16 along the Loc in Poonch sector.
Pakistani troops resorted to four ceasefire violations and heavy firing incidents since June 11.
The Army has sent a hotline message to its Pakistan counterpart and called for a "Brigade commander" level flag meeting with them along Line of Control (LoC) over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP