Pak troops fire mortars at Indian posts
Jammu: Pakistani troops fired mortar shells at the Indian posts in Jhalas sector of Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district as they attempted to provide a cover fire to a group of infiltrators, Army sources said here on Sunday.
"There was heavy mortar shell firing from across the Line of Control in Jhallas late last (Saturday) night. The Indian posts of Kirpan and Kranti were targeted. However, there was no loss of life on the Indian side," an army official said.
The Pakistani troops opened fire on the Indian forward pickets to divert attention and push in infiltrators, the army official added.
Poonch is about 240 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore