Pak troops fire mortars at Indian posts
Jammu: Pakistani troops fired mortar shells at the Indian posts in Jhalas sector of Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district as they attempted to provide a cover fire to a group of infiltrators, Army sources said here on Sunday.
"There was heavy mortar shell firing from across the Line of Control in Jhallas late last (Saturday) night. The Indian posts of Kirpan and Kranti were targeted. However, there was no loss of life on the Indian side," an army official said.
The Pakistani troops opened fire on the Indian forward pickets to divert attention and push in infiltrators, the army official added.
Poonch is about 240 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf