Pak troops fire mortars at Indian posts
Jammu: Pakistani troops fired mortar shells at the Indian posts in Jhalas sector of Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district as they attempted to provide a cover fire to a group of infiltrators, Army sources said here on Sunday.
"There was heavy mortar shell firing from across the Line of Control in Jhallas late last (Saturday) night. The Indian posts of Kirpan and Kranti were targeted. However, there was no loss of life on the Indian side," an army official said.
The Pakistani troops opened fire on the Indian forward pickets to divert attention and push in infiltrators, the army official added.
Poonch is about 240 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs
- Congress leader Sheila Dikshit to head panel for Indira Gandhi Birth Centenary Celebrations
- IIFA diaries: Athiya Shetty basking under Spanish sun!
- Vodafone to file prospectus for IPO in August, plans to raise $2.5 billion: Sources
- Shooting World Cup: Gagan Narang, Abhinav Bindra Disappoint in Finals