Pak troops fire mortars at Indian posts
Jammu: Pakistani troops fired mortar shells at the Indian posts in Jhalas sector of Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district as they attempted to provide a cover fire to a group of infiltrators, Army sources said here on Sunday.
"There was heavy mortar shell firing from across the Line of Control in Jhallas late last (Saturday) night. The Indian posts of Kirpan and Kranti were targeted. However, there was no loss of life on the Indian side," an army official said.
The Pakistani troops opened fire on the Indian forward pickets to divert attention and push in infiltrators, the army official added.
Poonch is about 240 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past