Pak troops fire on 2 Indian posts, BSF jawan injured
Jammu: Pakistani troops tonight fired on two
forward posts of India injuring a BSF jawan in Poonch sector,
in yet another violation of ceasefire along the Line of
The Pakistani troops opened fire from small arms on Dokha
and Pipol posts in Krishna Ghati belt of Poonch district at
around 1850 hours, a senior army officer said.
The BSF jawans returned the fire, triggering an exchange
of firing that lasted till 2100 hours.
A BSF constable was injured in the firing from across
the LoC, the officer said.
Troops along the sector were put on alert in view of
apprehension of infiltration bid by militants, he added.
The ceasefire between India and Pakistan has been in
force since November 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof