Pak troops fire on 2 Indian posts, BSF jawan injured
Jammu: Pakistani troops tonight fired on two
forward posts of India injuring a BSF jawan in Poonch sector,
in yet another violation of ceasefire along the Line of
The Pakistani troops opened fire from small arms on Dokha
and Pipol posts in Krishna Ghati belt of Poonch district at
around 1850 hours, a senior army officer said.
The BSF jawans returned the fire, triggering an exchange
of firing that lasted till 2100 hours.
A BSF constable was injured in the firing from across
the LoC, the officer said.
Troops along the sector were put on alert in view of
apprehension of infiltration bid by militants, he added.
The ceasefire between India and Pakistan has been in
force since November 2003.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!