Pak troops fire on 2 Indian posts, BSF jawan injured
Jammu: Pakistani troops tonight fired on two
forward posts of India injuring a BSF jawan in Poonch sector,
in yet another violation of ceasefire along the Line of
The Pakistani troops opened fire from small arms on Dokha
and Pipol posts in Krishna Ghati belt of Poonch district at
around 1850 hours, a senior army officer said.
The BSF jawans returned the fire, triggering an exchange
of firing that lasted till 2100 hours.
A BSF constable was injured in the firing from across
the LoC, the officer said.
Troops along the sector were put on alert in view of
apprehension of infiltration bid by militants, he added.
The ceasefire between India and Pakistan has been in
force since November 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday