Pak troops violate ceasefire in J&K’s Mendhar sector
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: Pakistan troops on Friday violated the ceasefire in the Mendhar sector of Jammu & Kashmir and fired indiscriminately at the Indian border posts.
The fresh violation of ceasefire was reported around 8.20 pm prompting the Indian side to retaliate.
As per latest reports, intermittent firing from both sides continued till late night.
The fresh violation of ceasefire comes three days after the troops of the neighbouring country violated the ceasefire targeting forward Indian posts and civilian areas by firing and shelling along the LoC in J&K`s Poonch district.
Pakistani troops fired heavy mortar shells in Sher Shakti, Kerni, Bandi Chachiya and Shahpur areas of this sector and also in civilian areas, triggering panic among residents.
A day earlier, Pakistan troops violated ceasefire by firing in Balakote and Mendhar sub-sectors.
Pakistan troops had fired on Indian positions in Pallanwala sub-sector in Jammu district on August 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sri Lanka cricket board files complaint on Muttiah Muralitharan following training ground bust-up
- Why are Dalits asking permission from CM Shivraj Chouhan to end their lives? – Read
- CBDT issues draft norms for taxing buy back of unlisted shares
- Missing AN-32: Thorough probe will be conducted, says IAF chief
- Sovereign Gold Bond: NSE gets bids worth Rs 106 crore