Pak troops violate ceasefire in J&K`s Poonch sector
Jammu: In a fresh ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops on Thursday night fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, but there was no casualty on the Indian side.
Pakistani troopers resorted to small and medium weapon firing in Balnoi forward area along the LoC at 20.05 PM, PRO Defence SN Acharya told a news agency here.
Indian troops guarding the borderline retaliated resulting in exchange of fire which continued till 22.50 PM, he said.
There was no loss of life on the Indian side in the Pakistani firing, the Defence PRO said.
Meanwhile, Pakistan military sources in Islamabad alleged Indian troops had resorted to "unprovoked firing" in the Tatta Pani-Handrot sector of the LoC, which had witnessed a string of clashes that triggered tension between the two neighbours last month.
They alleged that there was "unprovoked firing" by Indian forces in the Tatta Pani-Handrot sector of the LoC this evening. They said there was no report of casualty and the firing was "still in progress" without specifying the time.
A string of clashes along the 742-km LoC last month marked the worst violations of ceasefire that was put in place by India and Pakistan in late 2003. Two Indian soldiers were killed including Lance Naik Hemraj who was beheaded by Pakistani troopers in the Poonch sector.
India had strongly protested to Pakistan about the killing of the two jawans. The clashes had sparked a war of words before the Directors General of Military Operations of the two sides agreed on steps to de-escalate the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you