Pak troops violate ceasefire yet again
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation,
Pakistani troops tonight fired rockets on Indian posts along
the Line of Control in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, a
senior army officer said.
Pakistani troops from a forward post fired several
rockets on three Indian posts along the LoC in Krishnaghati
area of Poonch sector from 1815 hrs today, the officer told.
The three posts targeted included Kranti, Kranti 1 and
Kripan posts along the LoC, he said, adding, the rocket
attacks were followed by heavy machine gun fire.
The rockets exploded away from the posts prompting
Indian troops to fire in retaliation which resulted in an
exchange of fire that is still on, the officer said.
This is a clear violation of the ceasefire as firing and
rockets came from the Pakistani posts, he said.
There were no casualties in the intermittent firing from
both the sides so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family