Pak troops violate ceasefire yet again
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation,
Pakistani troops tonight fired rockets on Indian posts along
the Line of Control in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, a
senior army officer said.
Pakistani troops from a forward post fired several
rockets on three Indian posts along the LoC in Krishnaghati
area of Poonch sector from 1815 hrs today, the officer told.
The three posts targeted included Kranti, Kranti 1 and
Kripan posts along the LoC, he said, adding, the rocket
attacks were followed by heavy machine gun fire.
The rockets exploded away from the posts prompting
Indian troops to fire in retaliation which resulted in an
exchange of fire that is still on, the officer said.
This is a clear violation of the ceasefire as firing and
rockets came from the Pakistani posts, he said.
There were no casualties in the intermittent firing from
both the sides so far, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India