Pak violates ceasefire again, BSF jawan injured
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops today fired on forward Indian
posts along the border in Jammu sector, injuring a BSF jawan. This is ninth ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops in July.
Pakistani Rangers fired at the forward post of Chawani and Jabowal Border Out Post (BOPS) along the International Border in Akhnoor belt of Jammu district around 0700 hours, drawing retaliation from BSF troops guarding the borer, BSF officials said.
A BSF jawan was injured in the firing.
BSF troops had also late last night foiled an infiltration bid by militants after exchanges of firing between the two sides at forward area of Deora in Chak Phagwari belt of Jammu sector around 2330 hours, they said.
Pak rangers too fired on the forward post to give cover fire to militants, the officials said.
"BSF troops foiled the infiltration bid and militants fled after half-an-hour-long fire exchanges", they said.
"There was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing", they said, adding that there was also ceasefire violation last night.
There have been repeated incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Line of Control (LoC) and International Border (IB) in less than three week time in
Of these, five such violations have taken place in Chak Phagwari forward belt along the Indo-Pak Border in Jammu sector when Pakistani troops fired on BSF patrol parties and
BOPs killing two BSF jawans.
On July 19, Pakistani troops targeted the Chak Phagwari Border Out Post (BoP) in Pargawal sub-sector, 20 kms from here, with mortars and small arms.
Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire along LoC and targeted six Indian posts with mortar, rockets and small arms fire in Poonch sector on the intervening night of July 15
The Pakistani troops had fired on six Indian posts along the LoC in Krishna Ghati sub-sector of Poonch, drawing retaliation from Indian army personnel on July 15. There was
also ceasefire violation along the IB in R S Pura sub-sector`s Kharkhola and Bodla Border out Posts on the same day.
On July 9, Pakistani Rangers had violated the ceasefire by resorting to small arms firing along the IB on Khawara Border out post in Mawa belt of Samba district.
Pakistani troops also violated the ceasefire on July 7 when they opened fire at the Chak Pagwari BOP in Pargwal in Jammu.
On July 6, Pakistani troops had fired at Pindi, Mala Bela and Chak Phagwari border outpost in which a BSF jawan was killed and a villager injured.
Pakistani troops had also fired at the Chak Pagwari BOP on July 5, killing BSF trooper Sultan Ali. There was ceasefire violation in Krishan Gati area of Poonch sector on the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog