Pak violates ceasefire again, fires on Indian posts at LoC
Jammu: In another ceasefire violation in less than 24 hours, Pakistani troops on Monday night fired on Indian posts along the Line of Control(LoC) in Poonch sector in Jammu and Kashmir.
The firing from the Pakistani side at Indian forward posts in Shahpur along the LoC in Poonch sector began around 7.45 pm, an Army officer said.
There were no casualties or damages on the Indian side, the officer said, adding that the Indian troops effectively retaliated the firing from the other side. The small arms fire was going on at intermittent intervals, the officer added.
Pakistan Rangers fired on Indian posts along Indo-Pak border in Jammu sector last night.
The rangers also violated the ceasefire but there was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing, according to a senior BSF officer.
The small arms firing by Pakistani Rangers came from their Shaheed Iqbal post in Sailkote sector targeting forward points on India`s Kote Kuba Border out post (BoP) along International Border (IB) in R S Pura belt of Jammu sector 2020 hours.
BSF troops guarding the border took positions and effectively retailated resulting in exchanges, the officer said.
The firing from across the border stopped around 2115 hours.
The firing came close on the heels of the detection of 400-metre long Pakistani tunnel in J and K`s Samba sector on July 28 and subsequent lodging of strong protest over the issue by India on July 31.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan