Pak violates ceasefire again in Poonch sector of J&K
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Tuesday violated the ceasefire again as they targeted Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistani troops fired a few rounds on Indian positions at around 1745 hours along the LoC in Mendhar, PRO defence, Col RK Palta said.
The firing lasted for a brief period and Indian troops did not retaliate, he said adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone.
The latest ceasefire violation by Pakistan came a day after Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh issued a clear warning to Pakistan saying India reserves the right to retaliate at the "time and place" of its choosing.
There had been three ceasefire violations soon after the conclusion of the Brigader-level flag meeting along the LoC in Uri, Mendhar and Balnoi forward areas on January 14.
Northern Command Chief Lt Gen KT Parnaik told reporters during the day that soon after the conclusion of flag meeting; Pakistan opened small arms fire on Charanda area in Uri and Mendhar in Poonch and fired mortar shells in Balnoi area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"