Pak violates ceasefire again
Poonch : In second incident of ceasefire violation in the last two days an Army jawan was injured when Pakistani troops on Wednesday fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati sector of the district.
Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on posts along LoC at around 2 PM, a Defence spokesman said.
The Indian troops, however, exercised restraint, he said.
An Army jawan received gun shot wounds and was air lifted to Command Hospital at Udhampur for treatment.
This is the 12th ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
The spokesman said a strong protest has been registered against the incident.
Meanwhile, the BSF jawan who was injured in the ceasefire violation on Monday in the same sector, succumbed to his injuries this morning, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package