Pak violates ceasefire again
Poonch : In second incident of ceasefire violation in the last two days an Army jawan was injured when Pakistani troops on Wednesday fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati sector of the district.
Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on posts along LoC at around 2 PM, a Defence spokesman said.
The Indian troops, however, exercised restraint, he said.
An Army jawan received gun shot wounds and was air lifted to Command Hospital at Udhampur for treatment.
This is the 12th ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
The spokesman said a strong protest has been registered against the incident.
Meanwhile, the BSF jawan who was injured in the ceasefire violation on Monday in the same sector, succumbed to his injuries this morning, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security