Pak violates ceasefire again
Poonch : In second incident of ceasefire violation in the last two days an Army jawan was injured when Pakistani troops on Wednesday fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati sector of the district.
Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on posts along LoC at around 2 PM, a Defence spokesman said.
The Indian troops, however, exercised restraint, he said.
An Army jawan received gun shot wounds and was air lifted to Command Hospital at Udhampur for treatment.
This is the 12th ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
The spokesman said a strong protest has been registered against the incident.
Meanwhile, the BSF jawan who was injured in the ceasefire violation on Monday in the same sector, succumbed to his injuries this morning, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters