Pak violates ceasefire again
Poonch : In second incident of ceasefire violation in the last two days an Army jawan was injured when Pakistani troops on Wednesday fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati sector of the district.
Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on posts along LoC at around 2 PM, a Defence spokesman said.
The Indian troops, however, exercised restraint, he said.
An Army jawan received gun shot wounds and was air lifted to Command Hospital at Udhampur for treatment.
This is the 12th ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
The spokesman said a strong protest has been registered against the incident.
Meanwhile, the BSF jawan who was injured in the ceasefire violation on Monday in the same sector, succumbed to his injuries this morning, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka