Pak violates ceasefire again
Jammu: Violating the ceasefire yet again, Pakistani troops fired at forward Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing on forward border belts of Goutrian and Mankote along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector last night, Army officials said today.
There was cross-border firing first in Goutrian forward belt last evening and later in Mankote-Mendhar belt along LoC late last night. Army troops guarding the borderline took positions and fired back, they said.
There was no causality or injury to anyone in the firing, they said.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had yesterday asked Pakistan to respect the ceasefire, saying guns were no solution to any issue.
Reacting to the unprovoked firing by Pakistani Army that resulted in killing of three civilians in Uri sector of North Kashmir on Tuesday, Omar had said, "...We also have guns and mortars. If we also start firing, where will this stop?"
Pakistan has violated the ceasefire 23 times in the past two months.
One October 7 and 4th, Pakistan troops had fired on forward posts along the International Border (IB) in Kharwa and Chachwal area in Samba sector.
On October 1, Pakistani troops had fired at Indian posts and Chachwal forward village along International Border (IB) in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir in which a couple was injured.
The repeated firing incidents have triggered panic in border hamlets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price