Pak violates ceasefire, fires on Indian positions
Poonch: In yet another ceasefire violation, a Border Security Force jawan was injured when Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on Monday.
"Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on Kripan-I, Kripan-II and Kranti posts along LoC in the district at around 12:00 hours today," a defence spokesman said.
The Indian troops fired in retaliation and the firing continued for half an hour, he said, adding that one BSF jawan, identified as P K Mishra, received gun shot wounds and was refered to Command Hospital for treatment.
Pakistani troops fired from their Dakoo and Chuha posts on our positions, the spokesman said.
This is the 11th ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
Earlier on May 22 night, Pakistani troops had targeted Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea