Pak violates ceasefire, fires on Indian positions
Poonch: In yet another ceasefire violation, a Border Security Force jawan was injured when Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on Monday.
"Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on Kripan-I, Kripan-II and Kranti posts along LoC in the district at around 12:00 hours today," a defence spokesman said.
The Indian troops fired in retaliation and the firing continued for half an hour, he said, adding that one BSF jawan, identified as P K Mishra, received gun shot wounds and was refered to Command Hospital for treatment.
Pakistani troops fired from their Dakoo and Chuha posts on our positions, the spokesman said.
This is the 11th ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
Earlier on May 22 night, Pakistani troops had targeted Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'