Pak violates ceasefire, fires on Indian positions
Poonch: In yet another ceasefire violation, a Border Security Force jawan was injured when Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on Monday.
"Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on Kripan-I, Kripan-II and Kranti posts along LoC in the district at around 12:00 hours today," a defence spokesman said.
The Indian troops fired in retaliation and the firing continued for half an hour, he said, adding that one BSF jawan, identified as P K Mishra, received gun shot wounds and was refered to Command Hospital for treatment.
Pakistani troops fired from their Dakoo and Chuha posts on our positions, the spokesman said.
This is the 11th ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
Earlier on May 22 night, Pakistani troops had targeted Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown