Pak violates ceasefire, fires on Indian positions
Poonch: In yet another ceasefire violation, a Border Security Force jawan was injured when Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on Monday.
"Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on Kripan-I, Kripan-II and Kranti posts along LoC in the district at around 12:00 hours today," a defence spokesman said.
The Indian troops fired in retaliation and the firing continued for half an hour, he said, adding that one BSF jawan, identified as P K Mishra, received gun shot wounds and was refered to Command Hospital for treatment.
Pakistani troops fired from their Dakoo and Chuha posts on our positions, the spokesman said.
This is the 11th ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
Earlier on May 22 night, Pakistani troops had targeted Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?