Pak violates ceasefire, fires on Indian positions
Poonch: In yet another ceasefire violation, a Border Security Force jawan was injured when Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on Monday.
"Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on Kripan-I, Kripan-II and Kranti posts along LoC in the district at around 12:00 hours today," a defence spokesman said.
The Indian troops fired in retaliation and the firing continued for half an hour, he said, adding that one BSF jawan, identified as P K Mishra, received gun shot wounds and was refered to Command Hospital for treatment.
Pakistani troops fired from their Dakoo and Chuha posts on our positions, the spokesman said.
This is the 11th ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
Earlier on May 22 night, Pakistani troops had targeted Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’