Pak violates ceasefire, fires on Indian posts in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistan troops violated ceasefire on Sunday night firing on Indian posts along the border in Jammu district.
"Pakistan Rangers have fired on Indian posts along Indo- Pak border in Jammu sector tonight. They have also violated the ceasefire," a senior BSF officer said, adding there was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing.
The small arms firing by Pakistani Rangers came from their Shaheed Iqbal post in Sailkote sector targeting forward points on India`s Kote Kuba Border out post (BoP) along International Border (IB) in R S Pura belt of Jammu sector 2020 hours.
BSF troops guarding the border took positions and effectively retailated resulting in exchanges, the officer said.
The firing from across the border stopped around 2115 hours.
The firing came close on the heels of the detection of 400-meter long Pakistani tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba sector on July 28 and subsquent lodging of strong protest over the issue by India on July 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH