Pak violates ceasefire, fires on Indian posts in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistan troops violated ceasefire on Sunday night firing on Indian posts along the border in Jammu district.
"Pakistan Rangers have fired on Indian posts along Indo- Pak border in Jammu sector tonight. They have also violated the ceasefire," a senior BSF officer said, adding there was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing.
The small arms firing by Pakistani Rangers came from their Shaheed Iqbal post in Sailkote sector targeting forward points on India`s Kote Kuba Border out post (BoP) along International Border (IB) in R S Pura belt of Jammu sector 2020 hours.
BSF troops guarding the border took positions and effectively retailated resulting in exchanges, the officer said.
The firing from across the border stopped around 2115 hours.
The firing came close on the heels of the detection of 400-meter long Pakistani tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba sector on July 28 and subsquent lodging of strong protest over the issue by India on July 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi