Pak violates ceasefire, fires on Indian posts in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistan troops violated ceasefire on Sunday night firing on Indian posts along the border in Jammu district.
"Pakistan Rangers have fired on Indian posts along Indo- Pak border in Jammu sector tonight. They have also violated the ceasefire," a senior BSF officer said, adding there was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing.
The small arms firing by Pakistani Rangers came from their Shaheed Iqbal post in Sailkote sector targeting forward points on India`s Kote Kuba Border out post (BoP) along International Border (IB) in R S Pura belt of Jammu sector 2020 hours.
BSF troops guarding the border took positions and effectively retailated resulting in exchanges, the officer said.
The firing from across the border stopped around 2115 hours.
The firing came close on the heels of the detection of 400-meter long Pakistani tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba sector on July 28 and subsquent lodging of strong protest over the issue by India on July 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says